Welcome To Beeches Class
Love of Learning, Love of Life
and Love of One Another
Our Value of the term is Respect
Welcome to our class page, where you can see the fantastic and wonderful learning which is happening in our class.
In September we will be learning about 'The World and Me', where we will learning to name capital cities and discuss feature of different cities around the world. In History we will learn about the ‘Great Fire of London’ where we will learn about how the fire started and how things have changed, we will even build fire engines or wooden carts. Our science will be ‘Everyday Materials’ and 'Seasons'. We will be observing seasonal changes during the year. We will focus on Autumn and Winter in the Autumn term.
Please see our toy topic overview to see other learning opportunities.
Here are some information and tips
*Please bring your coat and bookbag in daily. Remember to write in their reading record when you hear them read.
* Reading often will help your children in every subjects. So, please keep reading at home.
* In the summer you will need a named sunhat and sun cream.
* In winter you will need a named wooly hat, scarf and gloves.
* Please label EVERYTHING, (jumpers, coats, drink bottles, snack pots and PE kits) as many things go missing in our classroom.
* Please leave precious and special items at home, as they will be placed on the side and returned to your children at home time. As they could go missing in the classroom, mixed up with class resources or broken in the classroom and we don't want anything to happen to them.
*Please bring a named water bottle. Children can drink regularly in class and will can refill it up throughout the day.
* The toilets are right next to the classroom and they can go when needed.
* Please bring your PE kit in the first week and we can place it our your peg. We will keep this in all term and spend it home at October half term.
* PE kits -daps, black shorts and a red or white top. Our winter kit is a red, black or navy hoodie, red, black or navy leggings or joggers or a long sleeved t-shirt.
* PE is timetabled for Monday and Friday afternoons.
* Our reading fox will be coming home to motivate children to read.
Please talk to me, if you have any question or wish to discuss anything. I will regularly be on the door in the morning and most afternoons at the end of the day. Otherwise please contact the office and we can have a chat.
School starts at 8:45.
Please join us for Celebration Worship on Friday afternoon. It would be wonderful to see you there.
I am looking forward to an amazing year and learning so much together.