Beeches 2022/23 Years 1/2
Welcome to Beeches Class Page (Spring 2023)
Our Overall topic is Kenya
Love of Learning, Love of Life and Love of One Another
This term Value is Creativity
Below is our topic overview for the term. As you can see our main focus is Geography linking to map making and Kenya. Our art topic is printing and science is identifying animals and seasonal changes.
PE is timetabled from Mondays and Fridays but please bring PE Kits at the start of term and we can pop them on your peg. We will be learning gymnastic skills, creating a dance and learning the skills to skip.
PE will be outside at times so please bring in winter kit, (black/navy joggers/leggings and a long sleeved top to wear underneath).
Please bring bookbags daily, ideally if you can hear your child read each book three times a week and write in your children reading books. Freddie the Fox will be continuing to come home to share a book with your child.
Before Christmas your child was sent home with personalised spellings, please work on these spellings at home.
Children are provided with fruit daily but we have snack time twice a day so you may wish to bring in an extra snack.
Children will need coats in daily.
Lots of things get lost in Beeches so please label everything.
Please come and see me any time.
Topic Overview Spring 2023
Love of Learning, Love of Life
and Love of One Another
Our Value of the term is Friendship
Welcome to our class page, where you can see the fantastic and wonderful learning which is happening in our class.
In September we will be learning about 'Life in the City', where we will learning to name capital cities and discuss feature of different cities around the world. Our science will be 'My Body', 'Growth and Survival' and 'Seasons'. We will be observing seasonal changes during the year. We will focus on Autumn and Winter in the Autumn term.
Just before October half term, we will be starting our 'Toy' topic, where we exploring how toys have changed over time. Children will be able to bring their favourite toy for just one day. It would also, be wonderful to share toys from your past and grandparents, maybe if you have a photograph(s) or the actual toy which we can have a look at it class that would be amazing.
Please see our toy topic overview to see other learning opportunities.
Here are some information and tips
*Please bring your coat and bookbag in daily. Remember to write in their reading record when you hear them read.
* Reading often will help your children in every subjects. So keep reading at home.
* In the summer you will need a named sunhat and sun cream.
* In winter you will need a named wooly hat, scarf and gloves.
* Please label EVERYTHING, (jumpers, coats, drink bottles, snack pots and PE kits) as many things go missing in our classroom.
* Please leave precious and special items at home, as they will be placed on the side and returned to your children at home time. As they could go missing in the classroom, mixed up with class resources or broken in the classroom and we don't want anything to happen to them.
*Please bring a named water bottle. Children can drink regularly in class and will can refill it up throughout the day.
* The toilets are right next to the classroom and they can go when needed.
* Please bring your PE kit in the first week and we can place it our your peg. We will keep this in all term and spend it home at October half term.
* PE kits is daps, black shorts and a red or white top. Our winter kit is a red, black or navy hoodie, red, black or navy leggings or joggers or a long sleeved t-shirt.
* PE is timetabled for Monday and Friday afternoons.
* Our reading fox will be coming home to motivate children to read.
Please talk to me, if you have any question or wish to discuss anything. I will regularly be on the door in the morning and most afternoons at the end of the day. Otherwise please contact the office and we can have a chat.
Please join us for Celebration Service on Friday afternoon. It would be wonderful to see you there.
I am looking forward to an amazing year and learning so much together.